AnsweredAssumed Answered

PVR Playback Freezing/Stuttering

Question asked by hambone13 on Feb 18, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 by hambone13

Recently I have been experiencing PVR playback issues when trying to watch a recorded program, and even some live tv channels.  When viewing the program, it will stutter/freeze about every 5 seconds.  Same with some live tv channels.  The live tv channels vary every now and then, but lately it has been TSN HD for the most part.

The PVR with issues is a DCT6416 phase III pvr, with a 1TB Shaw PVR Expander.  In rooms upstairs, I have a new DCX3510-M PVR, and a DCX3200-M cable box.  We recently activated the DCX3510-M PVR, and have been noticing the playback issues on the DCT6416 since around the time this was activated.  Also on the DCX, we have noticed the occasional show will stutter, but rarely in comparison to the DCT.

I have tried unplugging the PVR and waiting 30 seconds before plugging it back in, disconnecting the PVR and expander from power, disconnecting the eSata cable, then plugging everything back in with no fix.  I have also unplugged and re-plugged the coaxial cable from both the PVR and the wall outlet with no success.

I had recorded a tv series last year, and watched that a while ago with no freezing issues.  Now, when I try to watch that program again, it will freeze similarily to the newly recorded programs.

Also, after plugging everything back in and turning on the PVR, there is a delay from using the remote to when the box responds, about 5-10 seconds delay before changing channels, displaying menus, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Outcomes