For the past week or so, I have been consistently having issues with the wifi where it disconnects for 5-30 secs at a time.
- DPC3825 modem
- Ethernet ports are working fine though (as in no problems with disconnection)
- Occurs very frequently (up to 4-5 times an hour), peak and non-peak hours
- Resetting the modem does not help
- Problem exist using different laptops (tried with 4 different ones)
- Problem exist even when only 1 device connected
- Laptops have no problem connecting with other networks (public/private)
- Signal strength is good (4 or 5 bars) when connected
- Distance is not the reason (unless being 4m away is too far)
- Tried being right beside the modem (nothing but air in between), but problem still occur
- Used to have custom settings but now reverted back to default
- Tried changing channels, problems still occur
So I am wondering if anyone could provide insights in my problems for possible fixes?
Seems like relocation is the fix, probably interference from my neighbors, moved the modem half a meter away and my connection haven't broke off for over 2 hours:D Thanks for everyone's help.