AnsweredAssumed Answered

HD Guide Show Listings Don't Match the Shows Being Aired

Question asked by s.a.clark on Feb 27, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2014 by [shaw]jeff

With the 2nd season premiere of The Americans this Feb 26th a reminder was set for the 9:00 p.m. airing based on the HD Guide listing indicating it would be the episode entitled “Comrades”. At the appointed time we sat down to watch it only to see that it was really the season 1 finale episode “The Colonel”. The HD Guide was checked and it was still listed as “Comrades” and the HD Guide showed the 10:00 p.m. airing would be “The Colonel”. Upset that we may have missed the expected episode we figured we’d wait and see what aired at 10:00 p.m. While waiting I looked at what our second TV with the old Pace STB showed on its guide. Imagine my surprise to see it was in synch with exactly what was airing. Thankfully we didn’t set up the 9:00 p.m. airing to record with the intent to watch it another day. Had that been the case I would have been extremely upset.

This isn’t the first time FXCanada airings haven’t matched the listed HD Guide information. When “The Tunnel” premiered it was set as a series recording. When we watched the episodes later it was an absolute mess. None of the episodes recorded matched the show information.

I can live with the rare occurrence of mismatched shows and descriptions but why is this particularly bad with FXCanada and seemingly only with the HD Guide? The old Pace STB with its classic or legacy guide had it right. This is an unacceptable situation that I feel needs an answer and a fix. By a fix though, I don’t mean to power cycle the PVR because that’s not a fix it’s only a temporary remedy.

Stew

Outcomes