AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unbearably slow internet in Victoria BC, Langford - March 3

Question asked by slowashell on Mar 3, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2014 by [shaw]ali

For a couple of weeks now we've had completely abysmal service, at first it was just constant disconnects throughout the day between 3 pm to 2 am. Recently we swapped to a new router/modem and that seemed to fix my problems for about 1 week. Now, it's just unusably slow. If I run a speed test, the results appear to be completely normal. Unfortunately, that is definitely not the case. When attempting to download a file, I'll be hit with a range from 500 bytes per second to 12 kilobytes per second. If I try viewing a image, it can take up to 5 minutes to load and in the case of watching videos on Youtube, it simply will not even load.

I tried accessing an old email account today on hotmail, except the website will just time out before I can even load. At best, I will get to the sign in area and go through as normal, and when I choose sign in, I wait for about 6 minutes and it just gives up. Considering there's a post from yesterday in practically the same location, I find it hard to believe this issue is completely on my end.

Outcomes