AnsweredAssumed Answered

email not working - check your account is not on hold due to weak password before wasting hours of time

Question asked by bslowley on Mar 20, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2014 by [shaw]ali

This is the problem I had today as have many others from the sound of it

"I noticed my iphone was no longer able to connect with my shaw e-mail  On my iphone, I get an error message that says "The mail server pop.shaw.ca" is not responding, followed by an error message saying that my password/username are invalid. It worked last week and I haven't changed any of my settings since. On my computer, using mac mail, I get the following error message:

There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “Shaw ” or try again.

The server returned the error: The attempt to send data to the server “(null)” failed.

I tried to log-on to shaw's webmail and after I enter my username and password, nothing happens. I don't get an invalid username/password message, the page just fails to proceed. I tried purposefully entering the wrong password to see if I would get an error message but nothing happened either. I then tried it using someone else in my family's e-mail and there were no problems."

Live chat told me my account had been put on hold due to a weak password.  No notice, No warning, No updates on the website, just let hundreds of people waste hours of time trying to fix email problems that have been put on hold.  GRRRR.. not happy.

Outcomes