bcb

New failed series recording - new episode missed

Discussion created by bcb on Apr 4, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 3, 2017 by dpike

Yesterday a regularly scheduled series I have set up on my 3510 failed to record this week's new episode

no warning, no conflict, and most importantly, no recording resulted or showed up in the recordings list.

the show was Big Bang Theory, Apr 3, 8:00-8:30pm ch15, new episode titled "The Indecision Amalgamation"

this series has been set up to record new episodes and it has been doing so faithfully for more than a year. But yesterday nothing. Zip, nada, not a trace.

I'm pretty sure it was in the scheduled list earlier in the week (checking now, I see next week's episode is there)

There was only one other show set to record in the general vicinity of that timeslot: the Letterman show on ch85 starting at 8:35pm. But of course that shouldn't even cause any conflict at all anyhow.  But I wouldn't put it past this buggy box to be exhibiting another variant of the many unresolved  2-tuner issues I have seen. Either that or another problem with the guide data screwing things up (but this time ignoring new episodes instead of recording duplicate episodes)

gee, thanks Shaw for nothing (literally!)

Outcomes