AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cisco DPC3825 constantly loses connection to Shaw

Question asked by gwight on Apr 21, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 22, 2014 by [shaw]heather

My Cisco DPC3825 loses connection to the shaw network repeatedly. All lights drop off when the unit loses connection then the unit power cycles itself repeatedly until it can re establish a connection. Sometimes takes up to a half an hour to reconnect. Power cycling the unit has no effect on the issue nor does doing a hard reset. Does shaw have any other options to this piece of junk that cisco puts out? I would love to go back to a modem only solution as I have my own routers that have no issues. Is the Motorola Surfboard SB6120 still available? I had this solution before moving and it worked flawlessly with my netgear router. Full house coverage not 10 feet as this modem/router seems all to produce even after cycling through all available wireless channels. I notice that this is a common problem with this unit not only for shaw but other telco's as well and I can't believe shaw would continue to use a substandard product with so many shortcomings and problems related to the modem/router itself.

Outcomes