AnsweredAssumed Answered

new box stuck at noCP

Question asked by pyridoxine on May 3, 2014
Latest reply on May 3, 2014 by [shaw]jeff

Hello there.

Yesterday I went to a shaw retail store here in Victoria and got an HD receiver including a TV plan for my new 55" Samsung 6300.

The instructions were quite simple: hook the box to the cable and activate it and everything should work. But I it didn't. I did spend about 45 mins in the support chat with a shaw person telling me different things ( I have shaw internet and right now the wall cable goes into 1 splitter and splits it into the modem and the Motorola 3200 HD receiver. The support told me to remove the FAM 3HR attenuator which was installed by the shaw dude when he set up the modem and also to try to connect the cable without splitter directly in the receiver all with no luck)

The receiver is still stuck at noCP and the shaw support apparently was defeated and made an appointment for a technician to come over and fix it.

Now I'm posting this for a simple reason: the tech apparently has no time until Monday and I'm sitting here with a brand new TV and am somewhat frustrated. So anyone has any idea how to fix it myself? Also the support assured me the box is activated on their side.

Thanks

Outcomes