AnsweredAssumed Answered

Time to cancel after repeated calls to support

Question asked by lipe123 on May 11, 2014
Latest reply on May 12, 2014 by kevinds

This is the final straw, 3-4 times a week for the last month our internet completely goes offline for no reason.

After 3-4 complete power downs and restarts it usually starts working again and then goes offline within 30 minutes again. This ONLY happens after 10pm and during the day everything works fine.

I've contacted support several times, the last time I was assured that if it happens again they had made a note on our file that we can exchange the cisco gateway for a new one at the retail store.

So I called the retail store a few days later after it went offline again to get it exchanged and was told there is nothing wrong with our gateway and it must be my computer/router thats at fault. Basically just got told "no."

At my previous house I never had a problem with shaw and when we did have an issue they came and replaced the cable in the area (old neighbourhood) promptly and we had nothing but great service. At the new house, nothing but pathetic excuses from phone support guys reading scripted lines of a page.

I'm a computer tech and work for a wi-fi ISP and know a LITTLE bit about these things, when I'm unable to receive any packets from the cisco gateway directly connected to it with my PC then its FREAKING BROKEN. I was lying on my bed watching a movie and the internet went off so it's not like I was busy doing something stupid to break it either.

Will be giving 30 day notice in the morning, maybe next time instead of losing customers take their complaints seriously.

Attachments

Outcomes