AnsweredAssumed Answered

no internet access

Question asked by dionysis on May 13, 2014
Latest reply on May 13, 2014 by [shaw]heather

A week-and-a-half ago (May 2) I upgraded my internet from the old Highspeed package to the Broadband 50 one.  I exchanged my old cable modem for a Cisco DPC3825 cable modem/router.  While getting my TV/phone/internet package set up, I mentioned that I also had a new wireless router at home and the service clerk offered to set the cable modem into "bridged" mode.  I agreed and when I got home and set up the modem, both my wireless (tablet) and wired (desktop) connections worked fine.

Things were working fine until yesterday morning (Monday May 12) when I got on my tablet to check my email.  Sunday I had no problem but Monday morning I discovered my tablet could not connect for some reason.  Yesterday night, I investigated this further only to discover that my laptop, with a wired connection, could not access the internet either.

I tried the following steps to correct this issue:

1) unplugging, waiting 5 minutes and then and restarting both my personal router and the cable modem

2) using the "reset" button on the cable modem

3) plugging my laptop directly into the cable modem (i.e. taking the router completely out of the picture)

None of these actions helped - I still cannot access the internet through wired or wireless means.

Any suggestions?

Outcomes