AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why are you selling 25 megabit internet?

Question asked by dylandavison on May 19, 2014
Latest reply on May 19, 2014 by [shaw]andrew
Branched to a new discussion

Shaw has not been able to even provide 10 megabit internet in the Niverville Manitoba area for most of the last year.  Why are you still selling 25 megabit?  This is a known issue that support has admitted to being aware of about for a very long time.  I have to wonder if more would have been done if local MTS was not limited to 7 megabit speeds.  When I have complained about the horrible speeds in prime time, I have been told that I should downgrade from 25 megabit to the speed I am actually receiving.  That was support's official response.  Not cool.  I don't see a 2.5 megabit plan option, anyway so that's not even viable. That's a common speed to receive in prime time and the bandwidth caps that go along with a 10 megabit plan are lower than I need.  Watching Netflix, Youtube, downloading games and large applications, VOIP, Skype etc are all nearly impossible on this connection on evenings, weekends and holidays.  So after 6 months of receiving 10% of the speed I pay for at the time of day when I need the service, I'm tired of it.  MTS is offering FiON service in the fall.  That will solve the Shaw issues if nothing else does.

Outcomes