AnsweredAssumed Answered

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Movie Central App - An error has occurred

Question asked by jagb77 on Jun 5, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 by jagb77

I was recently advised via ShawHelp twitter that the Shaw GO Movie Central App should work on any android device running OS 4.0 or newer. I have two Galaxy Tabs 10.1 running both 4.2 and neither is able to play any videos from the Movie Central App. Below is a detailed description of the issue:

Device 1: Samsung Galaxy Tab 1 10.1 OS 4.2

Device 2: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 OS 4.2

On both devices I am able to download and install the app just fine. I can login with my creds just fine and browse the app without any issues. I attempt to watch ANY video; it tries to load, and after about 10 secs, gives me a message: "An error has occurred". WIFI option within the App is on by default.

Both devices are connected to my home wifi, which does not have an proxy, or any firewall restrictions blocking the app from streaming the video. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone on the same home wifi network, and watching videos via the Movie Central App works just fine.

I am beginning to think that Shaw may have mislead users in believing the app works on ALL android devices running 4.0 or newer, but in fact it does not run on tablets; or maybe more specifically, Samsung Galaxy Tablets.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes