AnsweredAssumed Answered

Skype GE DECT 6.0 Phone -

Question asked by k_graham on Jun 9, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2014 by k_graham

Works with blue Shaw modem and 3rd party router

Does not work with

Shaw Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway

I was about to give up on some GE Skype phones that were working but when loosing connection would refuse to reconnect with user name and password even though my computer could connect fine with Skype as could my wifes Android.

I decided to try at work where we have a blue Shaw modem and 3rd party router, no problem to connect there.

I tried a number of things with and without Shaw support.

Reset Phones

Reset Router

Turn off Fire Wall Security which support said uses McAffee (I can't stand McAfee - Windows Essdentials makes computer much faster - alternatively NOD 32 from Eset.com) To me using McAffee is to be using something that acts like it has a Virus. Hint Hint Shaw

Set Skype phones from DHCP to Static IP and set to a DMZ IP which is supposed to allow open access to all ports.

Set DNS to Google DNS of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Tried Open DNS of 208.67.220.l220 and Google 8.8.4.4

Nothing worked except using the work system, I have access to another location with a Shaw Cisco  DPC3825 I set up so am going to try the phones their in case its just the one unit. However if you have difficulties with your hardware but a computer works, don't assume it is the hardware - it could be the Cisco DPC3825 only a direct modem connection would know for sure that nothing is in the way.

Ken

Outcomes