AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recent slow internet

Question asked by xdmdx on Sep 20, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2012 by vjek

As stated above, recently my internet has slowed down quite a bit.

I noticed this yesterday morning, and since then it has not changed at all.

My internet package states that we should have 20mbps of download speed, but whenever I would test it the results were always at 10mbps. Not caring too much about it I passed it off. But yesterday my internet was beyond slow of what it normally is. Instead of having 10mbps I was down to either 0.8-1.4 fluctuating. I test with both Cicso Connect [linksys router program that is given with every linksys] and with Speedtest.net

Speed test states I have 8mbps download speed to a server thats fairly close, but it used to say 20mbps before. Cicso states I have 0.8-1.4 where it normally stated I had 10-20. I tried closing off everything on my computer and ended the tasks of updates and other background programs that use internet, but still no change in internet.

I first realized this when I was watching youtube videos and they were loading at an extremely slow speed. Then when I was later watching a stream that I never had any problem with before having my video cut out with the voices still playing in the background.

Im not sure what the problem is so I came here asking for anyone if they have any ideas.

Currently living in Winnipeg. [In case its a server problem/maintenance in my area]

Outcomes