AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I watch my taped vcr programs with the digital box?

Question asked by westfinn on Sep 21, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2012 by kritiker

I'm getting really frustrated with this new digital converter box I recently got. I believe I have it hooked up correctly as I can watch tv and I can also tape the programs on the vcr but I can't figure out how to actually watch them. What do I have to do to be able to watch my taped vcr programs? My TV is the "old" kind not one of thos flat screens. When I try to watch the vcr I turn off the digital box because I think by fluke this worked one time but all I get is static and no picture. Sure would appreicate a simple solution as I'm tech challenged and have 2 weeks of programming to watch.

Thanks for all your help. I checked to see what exactly I do have and how it's hooked up so here goes:

TV: Older JVC with the big chunky back

VCR: JVC: HR_A55U

DIGITAL BOX; Model DCT 700 - thinking it must be HD

Digital Box L to R

Cable In   

Cable  - out to vcr

Red - to vcr Ant in

Yellow - to vcr RH out

VCR: set to Channel 3

When I turn the Cable &  TV on with my remote  it shows it's on Channel 4

When I turn on the VCR I only get a black screen until I click on the VCR's remote and press it to TV/VCR then I get static. Neither way can I get the VCR to PLAY though.

I understand I must be doing something wrong but I couldn't tell you what it is - I am very tech challenged so if you're explaining it to me hopefully you keep it simple. If the TV is also supposed to be on Channel 3 I don't have a clue how to set it. Thanks again for all the help.

Message was edited by: westfinn

Outcomes