AnsweredAssumed Answered

"refurbished" 3416's at Visions

Question asked by tharper on Sep 22, 2012
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2012 by tharper

I recently purchased three "refurbished" 3416's from Visions Electronics for $97 a piece thinking wow what a great deal.  Also, thinking Shaw would have checked these out right?...

Apparently not, two of these units are dead and one is also missing the power and HDMI cables (things listed as they should be included).  The one unit that does work looks like it's been through world war 3, scraped up and beat up.  I am seriously not impressed!  I have loved shaw for years but you are quickly losing my loyalty. 

I want to know exactly what Shaw's definition of "refurbished" means because to me, as a professional engineer, that means the device has been repaired and/or completely checked out and verified with testing.  How did two dead units make it from Shaw to Visions?  And why something that looks like it lived in the back of a pickup truck was allowed to also be resold?  The box these unites came in says "Shaw" and the serial numbers on the boxes match the units so I just can't understand how something like this can happen?

Now I have to take these units back to Visions or to Shaw and I'm sure at the end of the day I'll have three working units but I am tired of the run around and the gigantic waste of my personal time to accomplish something that shouldn't be an issue in the first place!  Also, phone and live chat support were completely useless.  Vision's tells me to take it back to Shaw and the Shaw reps tell me to take it back to Visions...

Outcomes