AnsweredAssumed Answered

DCX3400-M Freezing

Question asked by dhansen on Sep 29, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2012 by dhansen

I have a DCX3400-M PVR that locks up and freezes every few days.  The only way I can get it back to life is to unplug the power, which causes the guide to re-download again.  This is extremely annoying and I'd like to find a resolution to the problem.

A similar problem has been described here: Known issue with DCX3400 - Resolution? However, the issues described on that thread assume that there is an expander connected to the PVR.  The issues I'm experiencing are similar in nature except I'm not using an expander.

I did some troubleshooting with a Shaw tech via the phone which suggested that it might be a connectivity issue, as I also experienced slow download times of the guide.  I was asked to try a new coax cable and splitter (also have a modem connected) and while that seemed to help the download speed of the guide, the freezing issue remains.

It's also important to note that this PVR was used at a previous location without any issue.  So I'm expecting that this is either an issue with a firmware or software update on the box recently, or perhaps with a connection at my apartment.

Has anyone else had issues with this PVR (without an expander), and perhaps some ideas on how I can remedy the problem?  Thanks!

Outcomes