AnsweredAssumed Answered

Poor wifi performance on 2Ghz channel

Question asked by bericm on Sep 12, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 by shaw-brayden

I live in a townhouse complex with a moderate number of other routers within the "neighbourhood". I have taken some care to select a channel that provides me with some signal headroom over my neighbouring routers, and yet there are some neighbours that either do not understand, or do not care to follow accepted guidelines and select channels that guarantee interference. My question is three-fold: given that I can see the SSID, and it is a Shaw modem, can Shaw take steps to contact individuals to correct their configurations, or can Shaw limit their modem/routers to only use channels 1,6 and 11 to remedy this problem, or can Shaw pro-actively educate their user community?

It is entirely possible that users impacted by this type of interference will simply point the finger at their SP, and if it is unresolved, go to a competitor (not that that would improve the situation); would it not make sense to get in front of this problem?

My config is a DPC3825 modem with Linksys E3000 running dd-wrt; network scanning by inSSIDer 4.0.

Thanks -

--Beric

Outcomes