We tuned on the tv/pvr and have no audio. For a test I loged into Netflix and tv has audio. Looks like audio on pvr is the problem. Something I am overlooking?
Did this work properly in the past with no wiring changes?
Which PVR model?
I have had many experiences in the past where the PVR will turn on to record something (and does so muted because many people leave an audio system on). Then the PVR gets stuck on mute.
Try unplugging the power to power cycle. A mute button can be programmed into the remote's # sign, I just have to find the instructions how to do it - not a simple process.
If anybody needs this
The other way (if this is the issue) is to give volume control back to the cable box directly, unmute the volume, and then set the volume controls back to the TV or audio system again. Much easier to do this, because it can be corrected in the future easily if it happens again.
These are excellent suggestions from Kevinds.
I would add that it it might be an audio setting that has been changed in the PVR itself.
1. on your Shaw remote, press 'menu' or 'settings' twice (this button depends on your remote control)
2. scroll down to 'setup' and press OK
3. scroll down to 'audio setup' and press OK
4. make sure 'default audio track' is on default
5. make sure 'descriptive video service' is off
If still having issues, please let us know.
Retrieving data ...