AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where is the deals for Long term customers?

Question asked by sparkybc on Oct 4, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2012 by shaw-matt

I find it funny how every year the Rates go up and up and we get nothing it return. I have had Shaw Extreme for almost 5 years now, since i moved to the island. Now my area FINALLY was upgraded so we could have broadband 50, 100 etc. It works out to $10 more for the package upgrade.

Well not really, you now want to stick us with a $98 upgrade fee for the modem. Instead of the rental we once had a option with the old docsis 2.0 modems. If i was a New customer i would get the modem for FREE, Why don't i just cancel my internet and put it under my spouses name. After all i would be a "NEW" customer then. Thus getting the new docsis 3.0 modem for nothing.

You would think after the yearly gong show we would get something for waiting so long! My extreme internet plain sucks. Tech support is useless i have called NUMEROUS times. My modem will drop signal for no reason and reboot, they have seen the log and know my modem has a mind of it's own. It's been swapped out 4 times now! Yet month after month it does it. For $65 my internet is like a 3rd rate provider.

I would have upgrade to Broadband 50 but for $98 before i get internet and another $10 more then i pay with the extreme i already have i will stick with what i got. SHAW should be eating the cost of the modems if they want people to pay more if they want to upgrade.

Outcomes