I'm suppose to have 50 M/bps (which speedtest.net confirms) however when I actually go to download something from any of my internet browsers, steam, origin, or anywhere else I usually am only getting around 50 KB/s making everything I attempt to download extremely slow. I tried the following none of which helped:
- I have tried resetting my router multiple times
- restarted my computer multiple times
- tried disabling my anti-virus briefly
- tried starting and restarting the download
- changed the slot my Ethernet cable was plugged into
- checked to make sure no one else in my home was using the internet
- cleared my browsers history, cookies, cache, etc
- used task manager to stop any and all unwanted processes whether or not they used the internet
- Unplugged the power to my router and waited 30 seconds before plugging it back in
- I scanned my computer for and removed any potential malware
- scanned for viruses and found none (I use eset)
- defragged my computer
I have tried everything that I can possibly think of short of calling up the techs. Can anyone think of something I might have missed?
PS. I attached a picture that shows my attempt to download something and the speed test results I did right before the download.