AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue using 3rd Party DNS server with Cisco DCP3825

Question asked by jcostello1975 on Oct 30, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2014 by kevinds

I recently exchanged my Motorola SBG6782 for a Cisco DCP3825 because one cannot change the DNS settings on the former. Yesterday, I successfully changed the DNS settings to use a 3rd party DNS server (specifically Unblock-us). I was able to access the new wifi network via my Samsung smart tv and my android smartphone. I watched US Netflix for a couple hours last night and everything was working smoothly.

Today, my computer is still working OK with the new DNS settings (although it is connected directly via a cable to the router),
but I cannot access the wifi network via my android phone or my Samsung smart tv.

With the samsung tv, I get an error message regarding the network suggesting I check the security key to the wireless router and to check if the IP is set correctly in 'IP Settings'.

Likewise, my android phone is now not connecting to my network. It will have a message below the network, saying connecting to IP address and then it changes to read: Disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.

So, there seems to be some issue with the IP address. I would greatly appreciate assistance.

J

Outcomes