AnsweredAssumed Answered

Internet constantly dropping

Question asked by kiria on Nov 5, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2014 by [shaw]heather

I am seriously ticked off by this. For 4 years now, I've always randomly disconnected. Not at a specific time or anything, just a random drop. It was just my computer that disconnected, no one else, just mine. Recently (since last week), my entire FAMILY has been disconnecting at the same time (this is with wifi and with the wired computer) and at a way higher rate. Let's say I come home from school and I boot up my computer, it's already disconnected and I have to restart the router and modem. Five minutes later, it drops and I have to restart them again. Then, I repeat the disconnecting/restarting cycle. I play a game called League of Legends, I can't even start up a game because it disconnects before I can even start one up. Even the wired connection disconnects. The name of the router itself just disappears from the connect list, and I have to restart both the router AND the modem for it to work. Even then, it may not show up and I'm just sitting there waiting for it to connect, which by the way would take around 20 minutes before it finally connects. Actually, while I am writing this thread, the connection drops. I'm getting tired of this. Really.

Outcomes