AnsweredAssumed Answered

Pixellation on CBCNN HD

Question asked by dandelion on Jan 19, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2015 by shaw-brayden

First of all . . . thank you very much for finally providing CBCNN in HD! However . . . we do have a recurring problem with the channel (227 in our area). Every few minutes, the feed pauses, pixelates and then clears up and picks up a couple of seconds later. It's quite annoying because it so often happens right at the key moment in a news item.

This ONLY happens on 227, CBCNN HD. It never happens on any of the other channels we watch and, in fact, doesn't happen on CBCNN SD (channel 13). I believe this means any of the standard advice about pixellation is pretty much useless, as it obviously is not a system-wide problem.

I have waited a few weeks to see if this would clear up by itself, but, if anything, it seems to be getting worse. I do understand that the problem could originate with the CBCNN feed itself (although I would then expect it on the SD channel as well), or it could originate with Shaw. I doubt that the problem is with my equipment, as it is just the (new) channel experiencing it.

Outcomes