AnsweredAssumed Answered

Motorola DCT6416 - Compatible PVR Expander

Question asked by docjay on Jan 22, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2015 by [shaw]jeff

Hi there,

I'm looking at options to change my current Western Digital 500GB PVR Expander.  About 2 months ago I started noticing my PVR would automatically reset itself periodically.  This would happen a few times a week.  It got to the point where it was happening multiple times a day and often this reset would happen in the middle of recording.  In addition, accessing the recorded shows on the Expander was difficult as they were choppy and would freeze and pixelate and sometime were just unwatchable.  I figured out that the Motorola DCT6416 worked just fine on its own but once I reconnected the PVR Expander all of the above issues would start again.

I'm sure the Expander is just old... I think it's 5 years old and has more than made up for its cost in my usage of it.  I was looking online and found a Western Digital My Book AV DVR Expander 1TB USB 2.0 / eSATA External Hard Drive WDBABT0010HBK-NESN from Amazon:  http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003MVZ60S/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

Before I purchase this device I wanted to make sure that it would be compatible with my older Motorola DCT6416.  Can someone confirm this for me?  Or if there is another option that would be better maybe you could recommend that and where to purchase it from.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Outcomes