AnsweredAssumed Answered

Internet Disconnecting Every 30 Minutes

Question asked by breksta on Feb 13, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2015 by hitesh

I've been having issues with maintaining a constant connection to the internet ever since I moved at the beginning of the month. I used Shaw internet at my previous location with the an Arris SBG6782 Advanced WiFi Modem. The only difference is that I had a separate router set up and was using the Arris model as just a modem before and know I am just using the Arris WIFI Modem.  

The main issue is that every 30 minutes, right down to the second, I will lose my connection to the internet for 1-2 seconds. It's enough of an interruption to disconnect me from every service/program on my computer that uses the internet. It is pretty frustrating to be playing a game and having to re-log every 30 minutes. I was only able to identify the problem after I set up a simple program to ping google every second and log it to a text file.

I've tried every single troubleshooting method I know: resetting router, resetting computer, updating drivers, ensuring there were no frequency interruptions, setting up a stable IP on my computer and router, updating firmware for the wireless adapter, resetting settings of the Arris, etc. etc.

The only thing I'm regrettably unable to do is test the connection on LAN vs WIFI as my desktop is in the next room and it's not feasible to move either the Arris or my desktop within an Ethernet cable range. I was also unable to consistently track the disconnects on another device, like my cellphone, with any degree of accuracy.

I'm getting pretty desperate for a solution and any help resolving this issue would be appreciated. 

Outcomes