AnsweredAssumed Answered

Gateway recording issues - Feb 15, 2015

Question asked by debrajackson on Feb 15, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2015 by [shaw]ralph

I've had the Gateway/Arris system for about 3 weeks. I'm pretty happy with it most of the time, but recently I've had problems with recordings, playback and wrong guide info:

1) The first 20 min of "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" on Ch 202 (NBC) on 2/11 did not record. It showed the full hour bar upon playback with the first twenty minutes blank.

2) The first half or so of "General Hospital" on 200 (ABC) one day last week did not record.

3) I set up a Canucks game last week to record with 30 minutes extra, but when I got home at 5:00, it was not recording. Had to go in and reset the recording.

4) While watching the recording of the Canucks game last night (we watch an hour behind to avoid commercials), the recording jumped ahead 15 minutes for no reason. I wasn't touching the remote. It also jumped back and forth and all over the place when fast forwarding another game we recorded on another station.

5) While watching a recorded show last week (can't remember which one) the recording jumped ahead 15 minutes--again, not touching remote.

6) The guide on SportsNet stations is often incorrect. I recorded what I thought was "NHL: Road to the Stadium Series" on 224 SportsNet One on 2/12, but it recorded some Poker Stars type show.

7) The guide on 224 is incorrect again this morning. It shows "WTA Tennis" from 9:00-11:30 am, but when I tuned in at 10:15 it was airing an NHL Classic game between NY and NJ.

We count on a DVR to record properly, and it is not acceptable to have cut-off recordings and incorrect recordings due to guide errors. It's bloody frustrating for the Rewind, FF, and playback to just jump all over the place while watching.

Your feedback and assitance please. Thanks.

Outcomes