AnsweredAssumed Answered

3400-M recordings on Sportsnet One fail

Question asked by ischweig on Feb 15, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2015 by ischweig

My 3400-M has decided it doesn't like Sportsnet One HD any more.  All scheduled recordings last week were interrupted for no apparent reason.  No recordings on other channels have been affected.  I chatted with a Shaw rep on Thursday and he reset the box and also suggested plugging the box directly into the wall rather than into a surge protector.  That had no effect, so I tried recording two movies at the same time to see if maybe one of the tuners might be the problem.  Both movies recorded properly.

I rarely watch TV live, but will often watch something while its recording.  While watching one of the Sportsnet One recordings as it was recording, the screen went black for a few seconds and then returned.  When the picture came back the recording had stopped (the time bar went from red to green, and weirdly the show name was now 'To Be Announced') and I could not pause or rewind. According to the recordings list the program was no longer recording, but the box thought it was still recording since when I tried to power it off (not unplugging it) it asked if I wanted to stop recording.

After powering the box back on it allowed me to pause/rewind live TV again on Sportsnet One.  Later the screen went black again and the pause/rewind functions stopped working again.  Powering off solved the problem.

Any idea of what the problem might be?

Outcomes