AnsweredAssumed Answered

Connection Stalling?/Slow and Inconsistent internet in Duncan past few days

Question asked by dogboydan on Nov 24, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 25, 2012 by [shaw]ali

It's only been the past couple days that have been a problem. We have experienced this on 1 computer wired directly to the modem and on the other 2 in the house that are wireless. I have also tried the Slow Internet Speeds suggestions on all three computers. It seems like sometimes the connection is fine and then sometimes seems to stall. I'll be downloading a file or watching a streaming video/netflix and it will just stop. Only way to get it to resume downloading or playing is the restart the download or refresh the page. I'm also a frequent Guild Wars 2 MMO player and have never had any lag problems until the past few days. I'll be playing fine and then I won't be able to interact with anything, eventually timing out and being kicked. I can get around this by logging out and back in (basically refreshing/restarting). But i'm having to do this every 5-10 minutes. We have broadband 100 and on all three computers the shaw speed test averages range from about 2.5Mbps to 11Mbps, and strangely about 5mps up consistantly. It's only the download speeds and connections that seem to be affected. In the graph it also shows that my speeds are at least 2 levels below what I'm paying for.

Outcomes