AnsweredAssumed Answered

wireless connection drops

Question asked by jimd on Nov 30, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2013 by efoy

I have intermittent wireless in certain areas of my home. I have the Cisco wireless modem that I positioned as centrally as possible  in my 2000 sq. ft. home. This is particularly annoying in one area of my home where I put my recently purchased Smart TV. It is located roughly 25ft away from the modem and signal keeps dropping in this area. Sometimes it will remain connected for hours and other times it is intermittent at best. I don't believe this is a problem with the TV wireless adapter because when the signal drops in this area I walk my smartphone and laptop to where my TV is and I don't get connectivity with these devices either. I changed the channel on the modem trying every channel and I believe I have the channel with the strongest signal, but still get signal drops. I also tried unplugging the modem/router several times and resetting, doesn't help. I went with Shaw's wireless modem/router combination , so that I wouldn't need two pieces of hardware but I am starting to regret my decision.

Outcomes