AnsweredAssumed Answered

i'm not able to change channels with my shaw remote control

Question asked by nameuser on Dec 25, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 by nameuser

hello

i just bought a new panasonic tv

before that i was able to control(volume up down,channel hoppings,turn on & off) my previous tv with my shaw (1055 ATLAS DVR) remote control

right now everything working just like before but i'm not able to change any channel with my shaw remote control

i found the code for my new tv which is 1291 (panasonic viera) and i did the shaw remote control setup as well but i'm not able to change any channel

with it

it controls only my tv turn on/off function,volume up & down

nothing als working with my shaw remote control pressing bottons like:

quide function,setting,shaw on demand,list,CH UP/DOWN,mute,last,video source,exit,page+ --,A B C,etc

i did the following setups already:

1. Turn on a device and, if applicable, insert video media, (e.g., cassette or disc).

2. On the remote control, press a device key once (i.e., VCR, DVD, AUD, TV, or CBL); it will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP until the selected mode key blinks twice.

1. Use the lookup tool below to locate the type of device and brand name and then enter the first four-digit code for your device. If performed correctly, the selected mode key will blink twice.

NOTE: If the selected mode key emits a long blink, the entry is invalid. Repeat steps 2 through 3 and try entering the same code again.

2. Aim the remote control at the device and press PWR once. The device should turn off. If it does not, repeat steps 2 through 3, trying each code for your brand until you find one that works. If it still does not respond, try searching for the code (see “Searching for Your Code”).

NOTE: If the device does not have a PWR key, press the PLAY key.

1. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each device you want the remote control to operate. For future reference, write down each working device code in the boxes on the following
  2. then i did all this as well but still no luck with channel controlling

To set up master power:

1. Press and hold SETUP on the Shaw remote control
  2. Enter 9 – 9 – 5  on the keypad
  3. Press the Power button once
  4. Press the mode key for the first device you want in the power sequence (for example: CBL). Then, press Power once
  5. Repeat step 4 to add the other devices you would like to have included in the power sequence (for example: AUD then power, TV then power)
  6. Press the mode key, CBL, once
  7. Press and hold the SETUP button until the CBL button blinks twice
  8. pls let me know what can i do in this case
  9. thank you!

Outcomes