AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ongoing Slow Internet

Question asked by norris on Dec 26, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2013 by shaw-matt

Since September, my Internet has been slow for multiple hours every day. I have called and spoken with Shaw technicians, and yes, I've tried all of those stupid tests that are listed. The first technician simply said it was just a need to reset the router and such...but that no longer does anything. So, I called again a couple of weeks ago. This time the lady informed me that work was being done on the some of the network and that other lines had been rerouted to my NODE during the upgrades. This was resulting in overloading of the NODE. She promised to look into it and to see if they could split the node. I live out between Royston and Union Bay in Courtenay, Vancouver Island.

She said she'd phone back, but as usual with Shaw customer service, never did.

So here's the thing. I've been paying for Shaw extreme (25 MBS) for months now and have been averaging 5! And no one is doing anything to either solve the issue or at the very least — and this should happen regardless of when you fix it — credit my account for the past 4 months that your service has been completely inadequate.

I need solutions. I hate that I have few options for service, but honestly, at this point, it's not worth the money I pay monthly. Shaw needs to stop with the excuses and just fix their issues. They also need to inform their customers when they know there are going to be issues. Communication goes a long way into preventing customers from getting upset.

I will be contacting someone again, but of course, I'm the one who will have to sit on hold and waste yet more time on your problem.

To say the least, I'm not happy...so wouldn't recommend Shaw to anyone...

Outcomes