AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does the guide interfere with your place in a program you're watching?

Question asked by joedompierre on Dec 26, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 by rdcrobertson

I've had an incredibly hard time with Shaw over the last 3-4 months and will say right now that if Telus offered HS and Optik at my address, I would have dropped Shaw two months ago.  As it is, I am stuck with their service.  That said...

In an effort to eliminate lingering and frustrating [apparently non-existent] problems with my Shaw service I purchased the new PVR.  I'm not really happy..I'm trying, honest, but it's not working. I figured going to the community might be a better bet.

Why is it that when you've been watching a program for a while, with the occasional pause and rewind, you can't press the guide button to see what else is on without the current program immediately going to its "live" position?  This is very, VERY annoying since it's difficult to find your place each and every time you're curious as to what's on. Is this a glitch to be fixed in a future firmware upgrade?

Why is it that you can no-longer access the guide at all when you're watching a recorded program? Not on-demand, just regular stuff like you used to.

I am pursuing my other difficulties via email, but out of curiousity, do you have a new technical support manager/system/mission over the last 6 months? What's changed? You guys used to be so good I bragged.

Outcomes