AnsweredAssumed Answered

DCX3510-M issues that make watching TV very unpleasant

Question asked by cenrehalf on Dec 27, 2012

I always thought an upgrade started from at least the point where the functionality of the older version was kept intact and new features were added. This wold be an upgrade to me. The new guide doesn't do that as they've taken away good bits and made things slower and less functional. Shaw customers are all going to get this new guide, from what I understand and I'm sure they'll say the same things.

Watching TV with this new guide is quite an unpleasant experience which I'm sure Shaw did not intend but there you have it.

Here are some things that made the previous guide work very well and I hope they can be addressed and fixed.

1. One cannot save a search so it has to be repeated each and every time a search is done. Hopefully that can be remedied. Typing MASTERPIECE each time is quite tiresome. Yes I know the list generates while adding letters but that's not good enough.

2. On the older guide, pressing it twice brought up the channel programs for at least 3 weeks.  I can't do this on the new guide and it is very, very frustrating. How can one easily program shows if they are away for an extended period of time? You can't.

3. When I pick a search option, say movies, can we get more options like choosing the type to search for?

4. How does one go to the "software update screen"? I did it once and now it's gone.

5. And where is the local weather in the guide?

Outcomes