AnsweredAssumed Answered

No phone service when power goes out

Question asked by enarwpg on Jan 13, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 by gamerguy

I've had two instances where when there was a power outage my phone died. No dial tone, no nothing....

Shaw doesn't tell potential customers that in the event of a power outage you'll have no phone service. When I had phone service through MTS there always was service during power outages. Most everyone has a cell phone nowadays but what about those who don't? Are they expected to wait for the power to come back on in case of any emergency OR go to the neighbours and hope they have regular phone service not from Shaw.

Or is it just my phone and everyone else does get service when the power is out. I spoke to a rude person on-line at Shaw who actually said "when there's a power outage you can dial 911 in case of an emergency". I told her there was no dial tone, no nothing and asked why Shaw wouldn't tell customers that there would no phone service in a power outage. Her answer "why would Shaw tell customers that" and outright refused to acknowledge that no phone service is a problem even though I said it was....

NOT GOOD....

Outcomes