AnsweredAssumed Answered

DCX 3400 HDPVR

Question asked by waznyb on Jan 19, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2013 by kevinds

Has anyone else experienced this? I have a DCX 3400 HDPVR and am having various problems. The main one is the sound goes out, the sound starts to gargle then goes out completely, by changing channels I can get it back, if I do nothing the sound comes back after about a minute. This can happen up to 6-8 times a day or not happen at all for 2-3 days. Two other problems  are less vexing, sometimes when changing from standard channels to HD channels, the screen goes black, I then have go back and forth between channels to get the picture back. The last problem is, sometimes when changing channels the picture is minuturized or squished, again I have to toggle between channels to get the correct sized screen back. The sound problem has been going on for at least a year and the other two problems about 6-8 months. After contacting Shaw they advised pulling the plug on the PVR so that it can reset, have done this many times with no change. When I first got this PVR, none of these thing were happening, has there been a firmware update in the last couple of years which would affect the PVR or is the unit defective? Pls. advise if anyone has experienced the above.

Outcomes