AnsweredAssumed Answered

Uploading to Apple iCloud kills my Shaw internet connection

Question asked by morrispe on Apr 18, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 by corbin

Since upgrading my Mac computers to Yosemite 10.10.3 with Photos I've been trying to upload my photo library to iCloud. My library is only about 3000 pics and I've been trying to upload it for days now. I'm finding that whenever I have the upload running it severely impacts my internet performance. I have 50Mbps down and 3Mbps up with Shaw and when uploading to iCloud I can barely load a webpage.

I have 2 Macs and a PC and all of them are impacted when photos are uploading to iCloud. Today I dropped a folder with 500 pics in it to my iCloud Drive and it began syncing. Again all of my machines became extremely slow when trying to load webpages etc. As soon as I stop the iCloud upload everything returns to normal. When not uploading Speedtest shows my I'm getting 53 down and 3 up. When uploading files to iCloud the uploads are only running at 400Kbps.

Has anyone else experienced issues such as this? I don't do a lot of uploading but when I want to store data in the cloud I need it to work without making my internet unusable.

Outcomes