AnsweredAssumed Answered

Gateway guide errors on TSN and SN - why so many ?

Question asked by debrajackson on Apr 18, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 18, 2015 by [shaw]ali

I've had the Gateway system for a few months, and I'm happy enough with it, but someone needs to figure out why TSN and SN listings are very often incorrect. TSN and SN say they do provide updates, but the cable provider doesn't post them in a timely manner. Shaw tells me you rely on the station to get updated information, but while you all finger-point the customer gets screwed.

Last year with a different DVR (I think a 3510), I missed several NHL playoff games due to incorrect listings, and boy was I mad. This year, so far, I've noticed at least 4 - 5 incorrect listings involving several sports, and I've reported the ones that matter to me. At the moment, I thought I was recording "2015 IIHF Under 18 World Championship: Canada vs Switzerland", but I came home to find TSN 238 is airing a Toronto Raptors game! If I hadn't come home for a minute, I wouldn't have known, and would have missed it. As it was, I discovered it was airing again at 12:30 on 237, but that is not the point. These games are scheduled well in advance, not at the last minute. This is unacceptable, and I want someone to take ownership of these guide issues. I don't want to be missing NHL games, or anything I record, anymore.

Outcomes