AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using Home Phone Service to Allow Access to Apartment Building

Question asked by jspin19 on Apr 29, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 by [shaw]joel

I am trying to facilitate remote access to the main entrance of my rental property from my cellular phone. Presently, I have a phone plugged into a jack in the wall inside the suite. That jack is hardwired into the enterphone at the front door so it's not as easy as changing my number with the property management. I was trying to find a solution where I could get a device to forward calls through the internet to my phone, but haven't found one that operated without phone service. So the next best option in my head was getting home phone service and using the Shaw app to forward these calls to my cell. Does anyone know if this is even an option or if anything I have mentioned can allow me to let people into the building when I'm not there?