AnsweredAssumed Answered

My PVR won't record NBA playoff basketball games

Question asked by bustindustin2000 on May 5, 2015
Latest reply on May 5, 2015 by shaw-don

Hi everyone,

I've been setting up my PVR to record various NBA playoff basketball games, which all looks fine when I've set it to record, however, when I come home, I see that it's not recording, yet when I turn the TV on, the game is on and on the same channel it was supposed to record on.  What's going on?  It's so frustrating to keep missing these games.

It doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time.  The only pattern I can see is that it doesn't happen on weekend games that are on ABC, but it does happen on the weekdays on TSN2 (CH-237, 238, or 239 in the Vancouver area).  I'm wondering if it's something with those channels where they list a game starting at 4:00 and I so I set it to record the program as such, but then maybe the game starts a half hour earlier or later than that and then the PVR doesn't record at all.  Is that possible?  More importantly though, does anyone have a solution for this, as I can't alter the start time of the recording, even if I did suspect that was the problem.  Or is it something else entirely?

The Shaw PVR unit I have is the DCX3400-M

Has anyone else experience this?  Please help before I miss all these games.

Thanks all!

Brad

Outcomes