AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does Shaw sell DPC385 to High-Rise Dwellers?

Question asked by emsmythe on Jun 22, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 23, 2015 by corbin

I live in an urban centre, in a 25 story high-rise with a whole bunch of other Shaw wifi users in my building and I am wondering why Shaw thought a DPC3825 would serve my needs?  I am constantly having to change my WiFi radio channels due to interference by my neighbours. My dl speeds are from 2.0  to 7.5 on most evenings compared to 15.0 when my laptop is hooked up directly to my router/modem.  I live in a 500 sq foot apartment and my laptop is usually within 20 feet or less of my Wi-Fi router, with nothing blocking the view.   Directly attaching to the modem is impossible with my iPad or my smartphone, mind you.  I sometimes get a better connection on my iPad and Smartphone with Shaw Open that is somewhere in my neighbourhood than I do with my own router!   have been trying for 6 months to get this fixed with multiple calls to the service desk.  They compliment me on my knowledge of the problem, run me through the same tests again and again then leave me to fend on my own.  Very frustrating.

Outcomes