This receiver is automatically resetting itself at least 2 or 3 times per night. Is there a problem with it or is this normal??
It definitely is not normal if it's automatically rebooting on it's own. Sorry to hear that you are affected. Got a couple of questions for you to figure out what's going on:
- Is this the first time that you had noticed this issue, or has it been ongoing for a while?
- The cable line from the back of the cable box, does the other end wire directly to the wall jack or into a splitter?
- Troubleshooting wise, what have you tried so far and has it helped?
Preliminary thoughts so far, it may be related to a software glitch on the cable box. If nothing has been tried yet, see if the below suggestion helps resolve your issue:
- First, turn off the cable box. Then, unplug power for at least 1 minute.
- While waiting, please undo both ends of the cable line that runs from the cable box to where it's currently connected then reconnect it together. Ensure both ends are tight when you reconnect this cable line.
- Finally, reconnect the power cable, wait for it to complete rebooting, then turn it back on and test your channels.
Please let us know if the issue continues after trying the above step, as we may need to arrange a technician to come take a look if the issue persists.
I just came back from a business trip and now the receiver is not working at all. It was like it is just trying to boot up with no luck.
Should i call for service or just take it in to the store?
Hi salty33ca ,
Sorry to hear the box is still acting up. Just curious, did you try any of the steps Ken suggested back in July? If not, can you please try resetting the box by unplugging the power and disconnecting the coax cables as described in the post above? If that doesn't help, please let us know. If you can confirm any error messages you are receiving that would help as well. Thanks!
I did follow the steps that Ken recommend but it truly did not work. I was away for 11 days and found the receiver automatically resetting itself. All it was doing was flashing all light or indicators on the front screen.
Please advise if I should get a service man over or just take it to the store
Hey salty33ca, sorry if the box is still giving you some grief! The next step would be for us to take a look at it from here, so I've sent a message to your Community Inbox. Click Here to access it and reply. We'll figure out what's up and book out a service tech if we're not able to take care of the problem from here.
I have reconnected the receiver and it doing the same thing.
Please advise on the next step
I had a service call yesterday to replace my HD receiver. However the new receiver has the old features screen and not the new one which was more inter-active regarding viewing On-Demand shows. Is there a possibility of an exchange for a receiver that has the new on scene guide and features?
Sorry to hear salty33ca . We have your information via messaging, so we can discuss this further and find a resolution to this strange swap that had occurred.
Retrieving data ...