AnsweredAssumed Answered

Motorola 3510 PVR

Question asked by luvinretirement on Jul 31, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 by trulyhealthy

We've had our PVR for a couple years now and have regretted getting it since we got it ... plagued with rebooting in the middle of my programs  ... weird messages showing up on the screen while watching TV about no signal then we have a signal again ... problems with my recordings - can't play back some of them or they stop part way ... stations freeze for no reason ...only to name a few of the issues.

The latest problem was last night -- we taped the BC Lions football game ... we were watching it this morning and got the last 2 minutes of the 2nd quarter and the message box saying we'd finished watching - do you want to delete or keep came up ... the red timeline showed we were only 1/2 way through the recording ...  I tried rebooting the machine to see if we could get past this blip to no avail ... I've tried fast forwarding to get past but that doesn't work either ... the machine isn't quite 1/4 full so it isn't a matter of it being full. This has caused a huge fight in our household and of course its my fault we have this CRAPPY machine! I'm thinking maybe we should change over to TELUS as we most of our friends have done ... I've been a loyal SHAW customer for over 30 years but feeling they would rather steal customers from TELUS than keep their loyal customers by replacing these defective machines. They knew there were problems with these machines before they started selling them and the problems continue ... its time we have these machines upgraded/replaced with working models at no cost ... we've had enough!

Outcomes