AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using phone with condo intercom?

Question asked by rydawg on Aug 30, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 3, 2015 by shaw-matt

So my grandparents just moved into their new condo yesterday, and I went over today to help get things ready for when Shaw comes to install their new services. Of course, I was looking for outlets for where equipment can be hooked up, and when I found a spot where the previous owner had their telephone modem hooked up, I found this odd device below the spot.

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

It seems to me like an adapter to connect our phones to the condo's intercom system. However, I was wondering if this is supposed to be used with the Shaw phone modem. Is the MTA port supposed to be connected to the modem? Also, where does the LINE lead to? Is it supposed to go to the intercom, or does it go to other jacks within our unit? Because we would like to have our phone set up in the kitchen, and this is in a spare bedroom.

I was also wondering if it would be possible to just connect a phone to the adapter itself, because we are not getting our services connected until next week, and we would like our intercom to just be connected until then.

Outcomes