AnsweredAssumed Answered

Main Menu Auto-select

Question asked by alc on Oct 5, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 by dghampton

Just this past Saturday we replaced our old Motorola PVR with a Gateway HDPVR. One thing that really bothers us (of a very long list) is that, when you are scrolling through the main menu selections, if you pause for an instant to long on an item the menu item is auto selected and you get dumped into an unexpected part of the interface.

As a long time software developer specializing in interface design I find this appalling. The selection of a menu item should ALWAYS require a positive input by the user. In this case I should have to press the OK button to open the selected menu item.

Is there any way we can either increase the timeout period before a menu item is selected or, better yet, disable this behavior altogether?

On the whole, I find this probably the worst device interface I've ever had to deal with. It's non-intuitive, arbitrary and has all the hallmarks of having been designed by a group of individuals who did not know and couldn't be bothered to learn anything about workflow.

Outcomes