AnsweredAssumed Answered

Oct 8th MLB Schedule on Shaw Gateway is wrong

Question asked by hjnicol on Oct 7, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 by debrajackson

I don't know if this is a problem on all Shaw guides but it's wrong on my Gateway.

Being that this is the Toronto Blue Jays playing their first game in the playoffs, there may be a few annoyed if this game is missed.

I realized that usually the error comes from the network, in this case it's Sportsnet.  Looking at their site, they have the time correct.  At lease it's been corrected there if it had been wrong.

8 Oct 2015

Rangers @ Blue Jays  12:30 PM  PDT

Shaw shows 6:00 PM PDT and has a soccer game on from 11:30 - 2:00 PM

Also

8 Oct 2015

Astros @ Royals 4:30 PM PDT

Shaw shows this game at 2:30 PM PDT

As an aside, the "Report and error in the guide" form is very poor as I've reported before (no change)

The calendar doesn't work, as someone else has stated, you can only pick today or before, no date in the future.  A work around,,, after entering today's date you can change the date.

Asking someone, kind enough to report an error, their :

- First Name

- Last Name

- Account Number

- Address

- City

- Province

- Postal Code

- Phone Number

- Secondary Phone Number

- Email Address

Really ?

Yes I realized you need some information.  A report saying "the news on channel 4 shows the wrong start time" without a location "channel 4" means nothing.   But really the reportee isn't trying to cash a cheque.  Town and Province, method of contact and details of contact would seem reasonable.

I sent in a report on this problem for tomorrows baseball games.  In an auto response email, I was assured I'd be contacted within 24-48 hours.  Not going to help is it ?

I later did receive an email from your eCare Technical Support, less than three hours after my report and 26 hours before the first game was actually going to play.

"........I'll be happy to assist you........sorry for the misinformation on the guide..........there were changes ......we were not contacted in time......."

So, I don't know how far in advance I would have to notice an error, but 24 hours obviously isn't enough.

So, why not say that on the form ??  "IF YOU ARE REPORTING AN ERROR THAT PERTAINS TO A PROGRAM THAT IS LESS THAN ____ DAYS IN THE FUTURE SAVE YOUR TIME TELLING US, THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO"

A form that you can only enter dates in the past of today's date, and a system that can't be corrected within 24 +/- hours ??

Is it just me that sees the poor optics in all this.  Almost feels like government run endeavor.

Outcomes