AnsweredAssumed Answered

Way to improve my weak wifi?

Question asked by philipk on Nov 13, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2015 by gamerguy

Hello,

So my shaw router is in my laundry room downstairs NE of my house. Originally i liked it there because you didn't really see it (previous owner had it there too) and i thought it would provide a awesome connection for my man cave down stairs. I have no issues with internet downstairs, but upstairs however in my living its okay kinda drops a little bit but in my bedroom i get almost no wifi (bedroom is SW corner of small house). Sometimes my phone can hang onto a weak signal for a few seconds.

Is there a way to improve it so my bedroom gets wifi? If i were to try to move it into my tv stand in my living room upstairs would that work and can i just move it and hook it up or does Shaw have to come to my house to activate a different line?

From working out of town I also own a ASUS Dual Band Wireless N Router (RT-N66), would i get better results hooking that up if that's possible? I know there are things like wifi extenders and such, but I would like to try to find a solution before buying additional devices.

Outcomes