AnsweredAssumed Answered

connecting pc speakers to hd box

Question asked by ohmy on Nov 23, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 by shaw-harvey

I would like to use powered PC speakers for sound instead of built in TV speakers. PC speakers have the usual 3.5mm jack. My TV does not have any audio out ports.


Shaw HD Box has analog RCA audio out. Would it work to use RCA to 3.5mm adapter to connect the speakers(something like this: Fosmon® Premium (Brand New) Stereo 3.5mm Female to Dual RCA Male Y Cable Adapter Jack (Red/White) - Ships in Fosmon Reta…   ) ?


If it would work, would it be possible to still use the HD Box remote to control the sound volume? Thanks.


edit: Video signal would still go through HDMI cable.