About a year ago we upgraded our old Motorola DCT3416 to the new Arris DCX3510-M. We did it because a number of the channels were not available (sound only – no picture) using the Motorola. But I have found a number of shortcomings on the Arris that I miss that were on the Motorola…or that I just don’t like. Before I try upgrading again, can someone tell me if the new Shaw XG1 has any of the following features/abilities?
- Ability to view the Guide while watching a recording
- Is there a way to advance a paused show/recording by frame like you could on the 3416….handy when watching sports
- Is the Guide configured with cells filled with colour to differentiate sports from movies etc? The Arris just has a line which makes it hard to see.
- Is there any way to have all recordings of the same show (regardless of channel) in the same folder? I find it annoying that when I record the same show on different channels it creates a different folder for the same show based on the channel.
- Ability to truly swap between tuners? With the Arris DCX3510-M, the swap tuner function simply acts as a Last channel button and the buffer gets lost. So I can’t back up in the buffer on each tuner like I could in the Motorola 3416. Put another way, can I keep swapping between two football games and back up either one if I missed something?
Thanks in advance.