AnsweredAssumed Answered

Trying to get a hold of Customer Retention/Loyalty Care department on here...

Question asked by hansonmau on Jan 29, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2016 by shaw-don

Hello,

I will be moving into a new townhouse in mid-February and Telus has made me a very generous offer to switch over to them.  I have been a loyal customer for the past 15+ years and have never even given a minor thought of switching to any of Shaw's competitors.

Sadly, this is no longer the case after my contact with 2 different "customer services" representatives, I am now seriously considering switching over to Telus.  For the past 3 weeks, I've been in contact with so-called "customer service" representatives via e-mail asking for customer retention to contact me by e-mail.  2 replies by the 2 different representative later, they state the Loyalty Care department does "an e-mail option", and the only way to start get something worked out with them would be for me to phone them at 1-888-472-2222 Option 4.  (Am I the only one who thinks it is ridiculous that the company I am getting my internet service, from says that they cannot get their Loyalty Care department to contact me via internet e-mail because it is not an "option"?  What type of customer service is that for someone who have been faithfully with them for so many years?)  The second e-mail reply with the main "customer service" department even suggest that I should, again call that number, but this time, to pick Option 3 "Disconnect Service" to get a hold of Loyalty Care.

Seriously, I have to call and choose the option to disconnect my service just to get some help on this?  Ordinary, calling by phone and possibly having to wait on hold wouldn't be a huge issue, but having so much to do preparing for the move, contact by phone was not the most practical method for me to get some basic customer consideration.

Outcomes